Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 2 July 2018

Hot.

The hot sunny weather has returned. Naturally I spent the afternoon scrambling around in the loft which was doubling as a sauna. It all began last night when thinking about the camper I decided to change the dated floral brown curtains. My plan was to  make new curtains from a stripy  Laura Ashley fabric that I had used to make the curtains in Romas' old bedroom. Looking at my notebook of all the things in boxes I couldn't see them listed anywhere. Fearing I'd left them in situ I went up to the loft to check out the boxes. I did find them in a box simply marked curtains. However once I found the curtains I wasn't so sure that they would do. I do have lots of fabric/curtains stored but nothing with a small design. I'll see what I can find in town, either at the charity shops or new. The camper upholstery is mid-blue so maybe something sea-sidey.
While I was up in the loft shuffling boxes around I thought it would be a good idea to have a proper sort out and draw a plan of where everything is. Wayne and his mate did an great job of getting it all up there but it did need organising. I'm not sure how long I spent up there, at least an hour maybe more, but by the time I'd finished I was dripping, my knee was bruised and after a very refreshing shower I discovered I'd worn away a big patch of skin. (Now safely under a plaster.) Oh and Box 1 containing camping stuff was in the furthest deepest corner of the loft. 
After my shower I spent some time sitting outside where the temperature in the shade was 34C/93.2F. I'll be back to watering the garden later on.

1 comment:

happyone said...

A shower always feels so good after working. Renews your energy.
Hope your sore heals quickly.