Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 5 July 2018

Hot.

Lots of sun today with a cool breeze in the afternoon.
We spent most of today out at the farm giving the camper a good clean. It wasn't horribly dirty but neither was it spotless. I'm not fanatical about cleanliness and can tolerate a level of mess but somehow other people's dirt is another matter. You can't blame the 90 year old chap we bought the camper from and all it needed was a lot of elbow grease, soapy water and the hoover. The farm owner had shown us an electrical socket we could use so I brought along an extension lead and my trusty Vax.
Although they have livestock the farm is very clean and tidy. I've generally been used to smallholdings of a more ramshackle nature. We didn't see anyone around today, just the friendly spaniel sleeping in the yard and the elderly cat snoozing under our camper. 
I took out the piece of lino that protects the carpet and gave it a scrub on the grass. Once I'd emptied the cupboards it was a matter of hoovering, wiping and scrubbing. The interior is well made and the cupboards weren't musty but even so I left everything open for an extra airing. We couldn't take the curtains down today because you have to unscrew the rails to get them off and although I'd brought along a full cleaning kit and water we hadn't thought to bring a screwdriver.
Looking from the back doors, toilet/shower on the left, kitchen on the right. It will be nice to sit up high again and the seats are really comfy. 
Back home there was enough time to sit out in the sun before my usual round of evening exercises.

1 comment:

happyone said...

The camper van looks nice and sounds like it is all nice and clean now. I feel the same way as you about the cleaning.