Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 30 July 2018

British Summer Weather.

It seems like more typical British summer weather has returned, lots of clouds many of which were grey and released heavy showers with occasional brighter spells. Not good weather for outdoor activities.
I'm getting fed up of not getting to sleep at night and then finding it hard to wake up in the morning. I'm going to get my head down by 10.00 for the rest of the week and see if that helps. However it has always taken me several hours to get to sleep and even when I was young (under 10 years old) and at boarding school I would still be awake long after the other children had fallen asleep.
Today I've got on with house work and baked some chocolate and peanut butter cookies. 
I also got on with  something that has been on my to-do list for a while. I bought these trousers a long time ago because I love the wild pattern on the fabric. However I decided that I wasn't so keen on the wide leg cut and had never actually worn them. I used a pair of comfortable loose trousers as a pattern, pinned, tacked and cut before getting out my sewing machine. It's an old machine and can be temperamental when trying to adjust the tension. Today the machine played nice and having done a test seam I was able to get all four seams done without incident leaving me with a pair of trousers I am happy wear. I have another pair of wide leg trousers which also need doing but I decided not to push my luck today as they are made from a very different fabric.  


1 comment:

happyone said...

Nice job on the pants. I like that pattern too.