Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 9 December 2018

Bright.

The winds have shifted and are now bringing cold air and brighter skies. It would have been a good day for a walk along the beach but Peter's knee is playing up today. Instead I went shopping, something I prefer not to do on a Sunday. Initially I was surprised to see so many people shopping but then again if people are working Monday to Friday or even Saturday then having the shops open until 4.00 on a Sunday is very convenient. Having written out a shopping list I wasn't too happy when upon entering Lidl's I found only an old list in my pocket. Luckily when I got back in the car I found the correct list on the car seat and I was able to complete my shopping in Tesco's. The only item I didn't find was poppy seeds for a new recipe for traditional Lithuanian tiny biscuits. I'll go into town on Friday and get some from the spice and olive stall which has just about every spice.
I picked up a few bargains on my shopping trip, mangoes for 17p each, baby corn for 30p and  boxes of savoury Indian snacks for 50p. I've chopped up one of the mangoes as a treat for tonight and it's in perfect condition. 

No comments: