Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 20 December 2018

Very Wet.

We had a sunny morning with occasional heavy downpours but by the afternoon rain had set in.
Peter walked into town and walked right over to Halford's where the dashcam he'd ordered hadn't actually arrived.  I wanted one so that we could keep a record of our campervan trips (when the garage finally gets the part that is being specially machined.) Also it would be good to have it in the car in case of any accident or even if someone tries a 'crash for cash' scam on us. These scams have been coming up on some of the consumer programmes we watch/listen to. Being older we fall into one of the groups targeted by criminals carrying out these scams.
We had an excellent practice of the wedding songs last night even though quite a few people couldn't make it. The parents of tomorrow's bride heard us singing Alleluia to Pachelbel's canon and asked us to sing that as the first song. I found this link though our version is simpler, we only sing the alleluia, more rousing and of course we sing acapella. Afterwards as it was the last session before Christmas there were lots of inviting nibbles and I allowed myself off my diet for one evening. It would be rude not to try other people's home baking. The Rocky Road went down very well and while enjoying the praise I did say how easy it had been to make and put the recipe on the choir's FB page. While we were singing there was a lot of very loud aircraft noise, it sounded as if they were going to land on the rugby pitch. At home on FB there was a lot of chatter about the noise, some car alarms had been set off, and general complaints with others pointing out that the military are there to protect us.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I listened to the video. It was so beautiful, it brought tears to my eyes. Music often does that to me.