Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 31 December 2018

Grey.

Another grey day, this time without rain. The current damp weather has played havoc with Peter's arthritis and top of which he has a streaming cold. I shelved my plan to walk into town to check out any worthwhile sales as I also wasn't feeling that energetic. I did however end up walking down to the Co-Op as we were getting low on toilet paper/tissues and the shops will be closed tomorrow. There I naturally checked out the reductions as the Co-Op can be good for bargains. I got some kiln smoked (ie posh) mackerel at 75% off and double Gloucester cheese for 25p (90% off). I bought 4 blocks as cheese freezes well. My other bargains were; olives, Peshwari naan, garlic and coriander naan, scotch eggs and cauliflower bahjis & beetroot pakora. Some treats for both of us. I ambled over to the reduced Christmas items but I've still got lots of excellent chocolate at home. 
With the New Year almost upon us I've begun a list of goals for next year. Nothing gets me more depressed than the feeling that time is passing and I've achieved nothing while knowing that I've made even a tiny bit of progress towards one of my goals gives me a sense of purpose. One goal I've given myself is to complete learning The heart Asks Pleasure First' since I heard it on the radio yesterday. I made a start a long time ago and got 3 pages in but I'm back to sight reading those pages which must be good for the neurons.
Seeing that our travel Scrabble which must be about 40 years old, was in a sad state I replaced the box and made a bag for the tiles from some scrap fabric. Although the board is smaller having tiles with pegs does mean the tiles stay in place when you turn the board around. Our standard board to which I added wires to keep the tiles in place is currently in the camper.
I've already heard fireworks going off so no doubt will get to see more from the windows if I'm awake at midnight. Peter is already fast asleep.

No comments: