Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 8 December 2018

Wet and Windy.

The morning was grey, wet and windy and noticeably dark. There was a very brief spell of blue sky when I hung out an old towel on the line to dry. Even then the air felt damp and it wasn't long before rain clouds rolled in again. The winds are strengthening and are now howling and whistling around the place. The shipping forecast is on right now and the first words were 'gales for all areas' and now the general forecast is talking of winds up to 70mph. in the night.
It is good to look out of the sitting room window and see some splashes of colour and from the kitchen the violas are still brightening up the back garden. Next week I shall begin baking biscuits for Christmas so I went through  the recipes to work out what I need to buy. 

3 comments:

happyone said...

When you mention the shipping forecast it reminds me of Mrs Bale on As Time Goes By. Have you every watched that series?

Ruta M. said...

I don't think it's been on UK television. The shipping forecast goes out on Radio 4 at 12.45 and 5.15 in the morning though I don't think it's quite so vital to people at sea with all the other communications available to them now.

lea said...

I had the same thought as happyone-Mrs. Bale on As Time Goes By! It was originally on BBC One from 1992 to 2005 (according to Wikipedia). It played here on Public Television for years, we watched it again & again.