Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 30 December 2018

Grey.

We had a morning of low cloud, misty views and gentle rain. The photo below was taken during the afternoon when it brightened up a little. We usually have porridge for breakfast but in honour of the holiday we had croissants instead. I thought it would be quicker to warm them up under the grill which resulted in one going up in flames due to my underestimating how close the grill pan is to the burning gas. Maybe a sign of how infrequently I use the grill, make that almost never. The burnt bit removed we still enjoyed warm croissants as we caught up on The Archers. 
In the afternoon we began a game of Scrabble which went on into the evening. We've abandoned our house rule of being able to use the dictionary to 'check' if a word we want to use is legal, okay I'll admit to making random words and hoping they're actually real words. Instead we're now following the rule book (not that we have one) and the dictionary is only used when a word is challenged with points being taken off the person who was incorrect. I really enjoy playing Scrabble while Peter prefers chess. I've offered to play chess but he knows that I'll not be interesting to play as I won't have any strategy at all. While we were playing there was a knock on the front door. I opened the door to see a policeman who immediately said it wasn't bad news (surprisingly that didn't cross my mind until later). It seems that somebody in our street had reported the theft of food from a freezer in their garden building while they were away. This was while we were also away so we had no information on strangers hanging around. Not that I'd even be able to recognise the resident young lads that spend time doing up their noisy cars.

No comments: