Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 17 December 2018

Mostly Grey.

Pretty blue skies in the morning gave way to grey overcastness once more. All round the garden are signs of new growth, hopefully not too early.
I discovered that the 'stone' trough (part of a fountain), in which plants pots stand, was completely full of water. I scooped out all the stagnant water and tipped it over the back wall into the space between gardens. I don't have any capillary matting so improvised with a long strip cut from an old towel. One end sits inside the trough and the other end hangs over the side and down into the void underneath the large planters where I grew the tomatoes. The water should soak into the towelling with gravity pulling the water out into the void. 
Nothing else of note today

No comments: