Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 22 December 2018

Grey.

It's been a day of varried grey but luckily no showers. At least with the Solstice being yesterday the sun will come up a little earlier each day. My plan for today was to walk into town for some leisurely shopping. My shopping was indeed leisurely despite the crowds in the High Street but I found the walk back up Pilton Street quite tiring. A couple of things I wanted were nowhere to be found which was irritating. I did however enjoy the tasteful Christmas themed window decorations in some of the houses along Pilton Street. I hadn't taken my camera along so can't show the window filled with home made white paper owls. 
The dustmen came to collect our rubbish today instead of next Tuesday. That will mean it will be 17 days until our next collection. That's not a problem for us as we seem to have very little to go in the main bin but some of our neighbours always have overflowing bins and then with Christmas …… . My idea to draw the water out of the stone trough hasn't worked so I had to empty out about 4 inches of water. I'll just have to keep an eye on it.
Some more photos of Tawstock Court from yesterday. 



No comments: