Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 12 December 2018

Grey.

Today has been overcast with drizzle at times. The first thing I saw when I looked out of the window this morning was a 'For Sale' outside one of our neighbours' houses. Naturally I looked it up to see what they were asking and what it looked like inside. Even knowing that it is exactly the same as ours it is surprising how large the rooms look in photos taken from a corner with a fish eye lens. 
Most my day has been spent in the kitchen, baking and decorating biscuits. I tried a recipe for sugar cookies (the ones with a swirl) I found on line and I really wish I hadn't bothered. They taste okay, any combination of sugar, butter and flour is always going to be tasty, but there was a lot of in and out of the fridge and they are half way between soft and crisp. This year I didn't have any problems melting the chocolate though after I drizzled on the white chocolate I opened the windows to cool everything down and then the melted dark chocolate wouldn't drip off the spoon onto the triple chocolate biscuits. Got there in the end though.
Off soon to choir. It's the last session of the year though we have a wedding to sing at before Christmas.

No comments: