Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 1 January 2019

Happy New Year 2019.


Wishing everyone a happy and healthy 2019. 
Last night I sat at my PC doing a jigsaw with the window open so that I could hear the fireworks. No chance of seeing the main firework display near the Old Bridge but there were quite a few large fireworks from Sticklepath(?). Then I was treated to a grand view of a spectacular firework display being set off from one of the rugby club's pitches by the New Bridge. In the far distance I could just see the tops of some of the fireworks, mostly red, being set off in Bideford which is still said to be one of the UK's top 10 New Year's Eve events. At around 1.30 I could hear a number of what sounded like thunder flashes going off locally. Early this morning the traffic was noticeable by its absence and while I was outside the birds were the only things to be heard.
The New Year began with the treat of blue skies which lasted until the early afternoon. I got some washing out on the line and while it flapped in the breeze I cut up all the ivy and other bush that I'd removed from the fence and put it all in a bin bag ready to be taken to the dump. I rescued the washing before the familiar grey  mist rolled in and ironed out the rest of the damp from the washing.
I finished writing up my goals for the year which have replaced the GOT calendar on the pin board. 
I also went through the box of gift wrapping and accessories getting rid of all the small tired pieces of wrapping paper. They're a hangover from the days when I had the children's Christmas stockings to fill with many, individually wrapped tiny presents. I did save the tissue paper after I'd run the iron over it to take out all the creases. Although, technically  ordinary paper wrapping paper can be recycled I noticed when we came home on Friday, that any bags with wrapping paper in had been left by the recycling men. I suppose there's too much chance of plastic based wrapping paper being mixed in.
After noticing more blisters on the tops of a few toes I've carried on stretching my walking boots with large beach pebbles pushed inside. My feet are so wide it's impossible to find boots that fit so I'm solving the problem my way.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Happy New Year. Taking me a while to get caught up on blog reading while I've been away.