Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 8 January 2019

Dry.

It was a dry day so I took myself up to the hospital for a chest x-ray clutching the form my doctor had given me. I think it's a good system as it cuts out a layer of administration and as you decide when to go it saves on inconvenient or missed appointments. I had to wait a while but had come armed with a library book and glasses. I was also wearing a lycra sports bra so didn't need to disrobe for the x-ray. I tried looking at the radiographer as he checked the x-ray but they are well practised in not letting out any information. Following my doctor's advice to not do any core exercises I didn't go to Pilates tonight but I'll be there next week.
On the way to the hospital several of the high hedgerows had been chopped down to the ground. A shame as they had been full of honeysuckle, old man's beard and many other wild flowers. 
Today I finished copying my photos from 2018 onto discs. Over 25 of them. I know it would have been quicker and easier to put them on another hard drive or up in the cloud but I don't trust anything you need a password/username to get into and what if the cloud owner/company goes bust? With discs I know exactly where the photos are in the event that both my hard drives develop faults. Or (this has just occurred to me) a burglar makes off with our IT equipment?
Peter got a call from the hospital and his second cataract operation will be in two weeks time. That made his day.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I'm sure the hedgerow was also the home of some wild life.