Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 6 January 2019

Grey.

Just a boring grey day today. Outside several species of bird were singing loudly. Perhaps they think Spring is on its way. I was cheered up by being able to return to my knee exercises including a couple of sessions on the exercise bike. I don't exercise enough (apart from Pilates) to produce the endorphins which make things like running pleasurable but I like to feel that even in a limited way I'm working towards getting fitter and reducing the various pain levels. Many tiny steps will reach a goal eventually. Surprisingly I'm also looking forward to being back on the diet once more. I find it too hard to just employ moderation with sweet/treat foods. I need a clear set of rules to follow ie no 'bad' stuff. Once I cut them out there's no change to my usual meals and for snacks there's fruit and Ryvita with its different flavourings. Up to Christmas Eve I'd lost 16 pounds which left me room for Christmas goodies and now I'll keep on going until I'm well within the healthy range.
I can't help calling Speedy Tinklebell as he runs around with the collar's bell tinkling merrily away. Patch found himself a new sleeping spot today, the back of my office chair. In the evenings I generally end up with both of them sleeping on me as we watch television.
I had a general tidy up around the bedroom and washed down all the dusty surfaces. I see no point in dusting to reposition the dust but use a damp cloth to remove the dust. 

No comments: