Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 27 January 2019

Windy.

After a very windy night I was looking out of the window and chuckling at the wheelie bins that had been blown over, until I looked down and saw our bin store lying on its side. It wasn't hard to put right and once I've screwed the sides to the wooden beams (originally I only screwed down the front) it should be harder to blow over. The wind continued on into the day but a check of the surf cam showed the waves mostly blown out. The comment on surfing conditions simply said 'don't think about it'.

Today I put sealant along the inside of the shower enclosure. A bit of a bodge job as the nozzle of the sealant tube was clogged up with solid sealant so I applied it using my finger. Cleaning was time consuming so I should have either cleared the nozzle or found another one in the garage. Now we just have to see if any water collects under the lino next to the shower.
It wasn't much of a day for taking photos so here are a friend's photos of yesterday's creations. The afternoon group is above with the morning group's below. The little grey hare is at a poor angle but it was really sweet. 
Finishing off the sushi tonight and checking the ingredients again I saw that it wasn't the wasabi that lit a furnace in my mouth but the ingredient listed as 'spicy sauce' so chili was the culprit as I initially thought.

No comments: