Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 15 January 2019

Grey.

Still grey and not very cold today. I walked into town this morning and my lightweight but windproof jacket was sufficient over a sleeveless t-shirt. There was some heavy drizzle while I was in town but it cleared up for my walk home.
The first stop on my walk was the vets' to pick up some more flea drops for the cats. They're pricy but at least they work. Then to the library to return some books. I didn't take out any new books as I think it's time to start re-reading the GOT books before the final series is aired. Then to the camera shop to get some passport photos done. It costs a bit more than the kiosk or printing a self taken photo but you have the reassurance that they conform to the strict standards. I then went to the Post Office in Smiths for a passport renewal form. There I was shown a booth where I could have the photos taken and apply on-line providing I had my old passport with me. I didn't and anyway I had the photos already. In the past 10 years as we only had a few holidays on Lundy and the Scilly Isles I didn't use my passport at all though if we'd been in a position to fly to either of those places we would have needed passports. We've nothing planned at the moment but may well drive the camper to France or further at some point.
Being in town I naturally checked out the charity shops though I'm trying to give away more stuff than acquiring extra. I did get a feeding bowl for Patch from the RSPCA charity shop. It's a small metal one with rubber around the bottom which stops the bowl sliding. Up till now he's been eating from a plastic tray which ended up all over the place. 
I got home just as Peter was setting out for the library. They've all sorts of activities going on there every day. Tuesday afternoons is a games afternoon and I thought he might find someone to play chess with. It was only the first session attended by some much older ladies and one gentleman and in the end they all had tea and chatted. Peter says he'll go again next week to help getting some actual games played. Meanwhile I got on with an admin task to do with my tiny work pension that I'd been putting off for various reasons. One of those things where in theory you can do it all on line but in reality need all sorts of documents and somebody to talk you through some of the questions. In the end I was pleasantly surprised. The people I spoke to were very helpful and it would have been sorted but for some information at their end being incorrect and a failure of their web page. However they're sending me the form and information I need through the post.
This evening it was Pilates where I met up with some friends though there were a lot of new people so that the hall was almost too crowded. The term only started this evening so I hadn't missed a session last week. I think I've given my rib and core muscles enough time to recover and hopefully there won't be too many aches and pains tomorrow. 
As promised here are some rockpool photos from yesterday's beach trip.
Snakelocks sea anemones.  
 The soft slate rocks wear down to form smooth shapes.


 Plenty of limpets and a single ordinary anemone.

No comments: