Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 28 January 2019

Cold.

Today has been bright and sunny with clouds being blown along by a bitterly cold northerly wind. In this evening's weather forecast for the west there was mention of sleet and hill snow both for tonight and tomorrow. In our country days that would have rung alarm bells; Should I take the car up to the road? Did we have all the essentials? Had we enough oil in the tank for the heating? While being isolated by snow or black ice is fun it's not so easy when you have work to go to and there's no sign of snow in town. Not only do we have much warmer conditions here but if the roads are bad everything is within walking distance.
We couldn't take advantage of the sun and go out for a walk as I had a dentist's appointment in the afternoon. Or rather I would have if today had been the 29th, I didn't realise my mistake until I got to the dentist's. My trip wasn't wasted as I did my planned shopping at the Lidl's which is just around the corner from the dentist's. There I treated myself to some new knee pads, very useful for gardening. My old ones had been peed in by the cats, not once but twice and had to be thrown away. Then I went on to Tesco's to get a few things. I did well in Tesco's, half price cooked chicken for Peter and I found that the fancy flavoured Ryvita was down to half price as well. I guess that the January dieters have given up. Good for me as I like to break up a Ryvita and eat it like crisps (chips) for a guilt free snack.
Lots of cheerful Spring flowers in the garden. One of the neighbours was out mowing his lawn but I shall wait for warmer weather before starting mowing again.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Wow flowers already. Amazing! Won't see any of them here for months.
Sure nice to see your blooms.