Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 17 January 2019

Sunny.

Today has been bright, crisp and cold. It would have been a good day for a walk but Peter had stuff to do. There was enough wind to make it worth hanging out two loads of washing including towels. They didn't dry completely but I'll finish them off on the radiators. Instead of a walk I got on with filling some ceiling cracks. I wasn't too happy with the results when I tried using decorators' caulk so this time I mixed up some filler and already it looks a lot better. 
There were a lot of sheep, and seagulls out on the hill. I had a good look through the binoculars but couldn't see any lambs yet. We saw some lambs when we travelled up to Basingstoke but around here the hill farmers lamb later to hopefully avoid the bad weather. 
Whoever it is that burns stuff behind the houses had a very smokey bonfire going this afternoon. There's been a lot in the media recently about the pollution being caused by household woodburners which although they have become more popular can hardly be compared to the pollution caused by diesel vehicles. The difficult neighbour (the one who drives over the grass) has a woodburner in his kitchen and I smell the smoke every evening. He's a builder and it smells like he burns wet wood which is  unpleasant. I wouldn't mind if he was stopped from using his burner. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

We could sure use some sunshine around here. More snow today.