Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 21 January 2019

Grey.

Not too cold today, just miserably grey with the rain holding off until the evening. I walked into to town for an eye check. I haven't had my eyes tested since I had laser surgery in 2009 and as eye tests are free I thought I'd better get one done. Mainly to check out the other things that go wrong with the eyes as we get older. As I thought, my distance vision is fine and for close work the cheap over the counter glasses are sufficient. I already knew that 'floaters' are normal and untreatable but it was a relief to find that the optic nerves are healthy and there are no signs of glaucoma or macular degeneration. I made a point to ask about cataracts as Peter had a clear eye test only weeks before the hospital found advanced cataracts. I do have a little misting in line with my age but nothing to be concerned about. 
After being given the all clear I did some browsing and shopping in the High St. including this fish serving bowl for £1 from a charity shop. In the early days of our marriage we had two pasta? bowls and a larger serving bowl in the same design but with a blueish background which eventually got broken. We still have a saucer sized bowl from which Speedy eats and two enamel shallow bowls which are in the camper. When we downsized our kitchen stuff I only kept the white bone china which still leaves enough for 8 people so the white background fits in nicely.
The light was a bit flat but I walked by the church instead of going round by the road to take a few photos.


 The church was dedicated in 1259.
Today I began using the extra weights on my wrists and ankles during my exercises. The new weights are just about big enough to strap on over the old weights. For the time being I've cut down the number of times I repeat the arm and knee exercises and will work my way back up gradually.  

1 comment:

happyone said...

I too have those cheap glasses for reading.