Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 11 January 2019

Grey.

Back to dismal January greyness though it was at least warmer. Out in the garden the birds were singing loudly including this fat wood pigeon cooing in a tree. There is some talk of a cold spell similar to last year's 'beast from the East' but that is probably just media hype. Today's sky at least had variation in colour and texture.
I'd been feeling guilty about leaving Peter to do most of the food shopping so once I'd done the housework I got changed and prepared to head out. However when I checked with Peter to see if he could think of anything we need he said he was planning to go to the supermarkets tomorrow after an early rowing session. That saved me a trip and instead I got on with some admin. I've also ordered two 2kg leg weights as I really should move on from the 1kg ones I've been using. Plus there is still a leak somewhere in one of them and when I raise my arms above me (while lying on my back) I can hear the faint ping of the tiny beads falling onto the mat. I use 1kg dumbbells as well so I can work towards having 3kg on each wrist. My goal isn't to be muscly but to reduce the old 'bingo wings'. 
For anyone who watched the second clip yesterday our choir isn't quite like that lovely lady but has more of that attitude. Apart from some light hearted messing about we are encouraged to move to the music. For performances we might move in a more co-ordinated way and we are asked not to sway from side to side without moving our feet as this can make an audience feel queasy.

No comments: