Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 22 January 2019

Cold.

It's been a day of wintry showers. The house feels snug and warm even though the heating isn't set to turn on until 5.00. Warm enough for me to still be wearing shorts and flip-flops though except for when I'm doing my exercises I've been wearing a fleece over my vest top.
This afternoon I finished copying photos from 2017 onto discs while at the same time sewing more felt patches on my old wrist weights.  That was after an admin session so today has been productive which makes me feel good.
I wrapped up well before setting out for Pilates though the worst of the downpour stopped before I set out. After last week's crowd we were down to 22 which was a much more sensible number. I was especially pleased today as I finally was able to do unassisted sit-ups once more. We don't often do them and for the last year I had struggled and rarely been successful. My physiotherapist had advised me not to do them for a while which was a relief but frustrating. Before my back surgeries I would do vast numbers of sit-ups but I'm not aiming to do that again.
Six of the sitting room orchids have new buds which are beginning to open revealing a variety of colours and patterns.

No comments: