Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 4 January 2019

Cold.

Another cold and frosty morning followed by a cloudy afternoon. Although I'm trying to rest my knee as per the doctor's orders I went out this afternoon. I'd already put this Lloyd Loom chair in the back of the car to take to the dump's sales area while the weather remains dry. (The sales area is out in the open and I don't think the chair would last long in the rain.) At least this way there's a chance that somebody can make use of it. I had put it on the 'for free' FB page but there were no takers. I also took a couple of bags of garden waste. I could have sneaked them into our wheelie bin which is still out on the grass waiting for collection. That is, if somebody hadn't placed a bag of their rubbish inside our bin. They could at least have asked. If the bin men come tomorrow that's okay but if we've all got it wrong and they don't come until next week and we have to take our bins back unemptied that extra black bag will be left on the grass.
I happened to be looking at some of my photo albums (remember the days of taking photos to be developed?) and found evidence that we keep our furniture for many years. 
(Vytas) I think this is one of the other Lloyd Loom chairs that I gave to the Hospice shop before we moved but the small chair is behind me as I type. 
(Romas) Definitely the same chair and the triangular pine cupboard is downstairs in the dinning room.
Going even further back here's a photo of me (age 4 or possibly 5) with my mother at her gallery in St Ives at the desk which the album is on in our sitting room. On the gallery wall under the window is a painting by Bryan Pearce. I don't have that painting but have some of his other paintings and prints as the family were friends of my mother's.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I'm surprised no one wants the chair.
Cute pictures of your boys.