Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 9 January 2019

Sunny.

It's been a day of almost cloudless skies. Over in the woods somebody was having a good burn up. There was just enough breeze to dry the washing I hung out on the line. I caught up with the housework as I'd been too busy the last few days. I finished off the afternoon with an ironing session. It took two pillowcases before I realised that the iron was on its lowest setting from when I'd been ironing the creases out of tissue wrapping paper.
Before ironing I went out to throw down some seed for the birds. There was my neighbour, on the phone because she couldn't get their front door to open. The key for the back door was in the house but luckily one of the bathroom windows was open. Her builder husband came home with ladders which they took through the next door garden. My neighbour climbed up and into the bathroom and was then able to let her husband in the back door. At that point we went back in and I assume that the door lock is now sorted. That was something different for the day.
A lovely sunset this evening, more red tones than in the photos. I'm currently singing to an on-line alto warm up as we'll be off to choir this evening. 
Earlier on I saw Speedy contorting himself, maybe copying my Pilates, and getting his back foot within reach of his tongue. However the sore spot seems to be healing well so I'll wait a few more days before releasing him from his cone of shame. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Glad you neighbor made it back inside!
Looking forward to when I can hang my clothes outside again. I have to use my two drying racks which I put near the heating vents.
We had snow and wind today.