Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 2 January 2019

Sunny.

A crisp, bright though cold day today. A good day for walking into town to get a couple of things and to see if there were any bargains in the sales.  Apart from a reduced GOT calendar and a festive chair back cover for 50p which I bought for the red felt it was made from nothing caught my eye. I just like to know I haven't missed anything.
This is the window I admired the last time I walked down Pilton st.  The curtains were open today so I didn't feel like taking a photo from directly in front of the window.
This vintage shop always has very tasteful windows. 
Pilton Street.
After a break for Christmas I'm back on my diet with the rest of the Christmas bounty put away in the cupboard until I'm back to a sensible weight. I allow myself a small treat each time I get to the next goal which is something to look forward to. 
Today I paid for this coming term's Pilates course. North Devon College which administrates the evening classes has an awkward log in/sign up page and every time I need to book the class I end up having to register as a new student due to some problem or other. This time the password had expired. Not much point in carefully recording the password for next time then. Later I got on with backing up my photos. I still don't have a good system for regularly backing up my photos and end up doing them in big chunks. Today I bought a new diary to record each day's photos at the same time as I upload them on to the PC. That works really well for me and makes it easy when I want to find a specific photo. (That's the theory anyway.)
Last night I heard an owl hooting outside. At first I thought it was in the background of the radio programme I was listening to but then I heard it again. Nice to still have some country sounds around.

No comments: