Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 12 January 2019

Rainy.

Out in the front garden there are a lot of daffodil leaves emerging, hopefully with flowers to follow. Last year the slugs ate all the buds before they had a chance to open.
A mostly grey day with a fair bit of rain. We were up before daybreak, or rather Peter was, I just cracked open an eye and gratefully drank some of my tea. Peter went off to row, this time with one of the Ladies' Race crews which was hard going. One of the reasons that I haven't taken up rowing is that you have to work at the same pace as the rest of the crew. I prefer my Pilates as I can go at my own speed or even skip exercises that are too much for me. By the time they got the gig on the water they caught the rain which can't have been fun. I thought the rain had cleared up and got some washing out on the line and had to bring it in quite quickly. Luckily it was a fleece throw which dries easily and a couple of other small things that  I finished off on a radiator.
Peter returned home in the afternoon laden with shopping so we won't need to get the staples for a time. While he was out I attempted to fix a metal shower caddy on the shower wall. The plastic suction cups kept slipping down so I resorted to Google and sure enough there are a number of helpful videos. It wasn't until I had another go that I realised the real reason- the tiles aren't flat but sort of lumpy. I have a back up plan to use some plastic line to secure the basket to the shower controls instead.
I carried on with putting photos on to discs. I've found a way to make it a bit quicker and today I did about half of 2017. For some reason I was suddenly able to get 250 photos on a disc instead of 150. I don't think I changed my camera/settings then. I checked and was able to open the photos and the discs have the same numbers. As each set of files whizzed across I worked on 'The heart Asks Pleasure..'  trying to get my brain around the different stressed notes in the right and left hands. The right hand stresses (plays louder) every 3rd note and the left stresses every 6th note which doesn't coincide with the right hand. Last time I tried to learn this piece I got the right hand sorted but not the left. It's still a work in progress. 



No comments: