Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 14 January 2019

Combesgate.

Not too cold today but generally grey. At last we were able to go to the coast, this time to Combesgate, the next beach up from Barricane. 
Combesgate is not as nice as Barricane but with the tide being higher than we expected it had more beach to explore. 
There's a long flight of concrete steps down to the beach which along with an area of concrete at the bottom, had been pressure washed. Otherwise the concrete at the bottom gets covered with a slippery green layer of algae. 
As usual the winter storms had washed away a lot of the sand leaving many stones both large and small. 
We had an explore among the rocks checking the small pools for interesting marine life. (Photos tomorrow.) 
Back home we saw a delivery man by our garden who it turned out had a parcel for me. From the size I guessed it contained the ankle weights I'd ordered the other day. But it didn't seem heavy enough and when I put it on the kitchen scales it only weighed 2.2kg. Checking the on-line invoice I saw that the mistake was mine. The details on the invoice were 2kg -2x 1kg. That what happens when you're shopping late in the evening. I have however found a solution, strapping my old 1kg weights around the new 1kg weights. Clumsy but will do for now. I've also put up posts on the local FB selling groups asking if anyone wants to swap their 2kg weights for my brand new ones. To halt the patter of metal balls falling out of the old weights I've begun sewing felt over the worn fabric. This I did at the same time as copying more photo files onto discs.

No comments: