Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 5 December 2020

Chilly.

This morning instead of a sprinkling of snow the tops of the hills had a few clouds sitting on them.
This morning Peter suggested that we might have a go at putting up the venetian blind in the sitting room. We got as far as taking everything off the window sill, unpacking the blind and then because the instructions were just a few diagrams checking out a video on how to put it up. It was at that point that Peter decided it would be better to talk to the builder as we don't know exactly what is behind the plaster which affects the type of rawlplug to use. I only wish he'd thought about that before I moved everything. The builder is due to be here on Monday, hopefully. We're beginning to run out of patience with the builder and his lack of availability. Let's hope he turns up on Monday.
With the blind abandoned I thought I might as well get on with making the driftwood Christmas Tree. That started with another setback. I couldn't find the metal rod I'd bought at no small cost. Losing things happens all the time at the moment. Eventually I found a smaller rod, but no sandpaper to tidy up the edges of the block of wood I used as a base. We did have the drill to hand and a set of tiny drill bits though there's a problem charging up the battery packs. Not sure if it's the batteries, charger or the drill all of which are quite old but a couple of times the power gave out. Got there in the end though. 
Once I sorted out my stash of driftwood it became obvious that I have a tendency to collect eight inch long sticks. I made do with what I had and will try and collect some longer pieces on future beach walks.
I decorated the tree with a few tasteful decorations. I've got a big box of decorations in the bathroom but I'm not sure I can fit more on the tree and there doesn't seem to be a lot of point decorating around the cardboard boxes and dust sheets still filling most of the rooms.
Plenty of people out walking on the beach at low tide when the beachside houses were bathed in the pink glow of the sunset.


 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh what a great job you did making the tree. It is lovely. What a great idea!!!