Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 30 December 2020

Showers.

Once the clouds had moved from the tops of the hills it was possible to see that there was more snow on the further mountains and a sprinkling of snow on the closer range. All these mountains and everything northwards make up Snowdonia though we're too far south to see Snowdon from here. We had a few showers including hail but on the whole it has been a dry day.
Yesterday's activities proved to be too much for my stupid ribs and I woke extra early this morning. Early enough to catch the moonlight shining across the sea. It's a very blurry photo, the best of a blurry bunch of hand-held shots taken on auto settings (lazy me). Just now now the full moon was looking dramatic behind wisps of cloud, until the clouds hid it completely. The hedge in the foreground is lit up by the streetlight.
One thing I did this morning was to ring the doctors' to ask for a phone consultation, how things have changed, about my ribs and I'll be getting a phone call tomorrow morning. That's a lot quicker than my previous surgery. I like to be prepared so part of the afternoon was spent fishing out my 'health' folder and writing up a clear set of notes for tomorrow's chat. 

Later in the afternoon we were surprised by a ring at the front door. It was one of the missing plasters to say they'd be here tomorrow morning. Apparently his assistant hadn't been well but will be back at work tomorrow. The chap has asthma (is plastering a good choice of work?) or maybe it was seasonally related. I made sure today's chap had Peter's phone number and pointed out that a phone call would be good if for some reason they can't make it. He brought in more bags of plaster so fingers crossed. If they let us down I swear I'm going to give all their lights and tools which they've left here, to anyone who can do the job. (I've not been silly enough to give in to the temptation to try out the plasterers' stilts.)


 Rain on the horizon.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Lets hope tomorrow that they really do get there and finally work!!
I posted a picture of the moon today too. :)