Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 28 December 2020

Snow.

The promised snow arrived unlike the promised plasterers who did not. I woke up at 6.30, made tea and had the doors unlocked by 8.00 but no sign of our cheery plasterers. Eventually Peter sent the boss a text, not sure if he was aware of the no-show but they're supposed to be here tomorrow morning.
Despite the dark clouds, it was quite early in the morning, it didn't feel that cold at least to me. Mind you that's not what Peter thought. By mid-morning there were about 15 surfers out in the water and I spotted a group of 4 swimmers. They did have wet suit gloves and hoods but three of them only wore swimming costumes, brrrrr.
I spent most of the afternoon curled up on the sofa mending a pair of Peter's work trousers. It might be fashionable for youngsters to have trousers with large rips but not on a 70 year old. I struggled to find some scrap material as the box of material is well and truly buried so I used one of the fabric covered thin foam inserts that had been inside a bralette top. Well it was black. From the sofa I could see views of the snow topped hills which made it feel as if I was on holiday.
This was the view from the kitchen sink. I had to zoom in as most of the view is of neighbouring buildings but a glimpse is better than nothing.
Peter went round to talk to our neighbour about the collapsing fence. They're fine with it and we lent them a long rope so they could secure it to their house to prevent any further collapse until a new fence can be built.





 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Sorry to hear the workers didn't show up, how disappointing, hope they show up tomorrow!! Looks too cold to be in the water to me!!!