Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 22 December 2020

Grey.

A mostly grey day with lots of rain.
We had a call from the plasterer this afternoon saying they'll be here tomorrow morning. Hooray! 
One of the little jobs I did today was to thread sewing cotton through the little orange peel stars and hang them on the Christmas tree. I'm not quite sure if it isn't too cluttered now. Still it's only a few days to Christmas so I'll leave them on. 
One thing we did together was to put up my trusty whiteboard bought many years ago in a car boot sale. We used a spirit level before marking up the holes but after I drilled the holes and screwed the board to the wall it was no longer level. Luckily just before I took it down to start again Peter remembered a tip to loosen the screws and then tap with a hammer which got it acceptably level. Then followed a long cleaning session getting rid of the old phone numbers; local farmers, vet, doctor etc which had been on the board for many years. Family phone numbers (hidden for the photo under a couple of cards) remain. It took a lot of rubbing with a wet cloth to remove all the little specks of black that became visible once I put on my close work glasses (the highest magnification ones from the pound shop). I didn't want to scratch the surface of the board so couldn't resort to my usual green 'scrubby'. Now I can write up the weekly chart which should keep us a bit more organised.
My last job of the day was to remove the old security alarm system box from inside the hall coat cupboard where it was taking up too much space. The electrician had assured me that it wasn't connected up anymore so I was able to cut through the wires confident I wasn't going to electrocute myself. Now the coats can hang properly at that end of the cupboard.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I like the orange stars on your tree and think it looks just fine. :)