Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 25 December 2020

Happy Christmas.

While it has not been the best of years let us all count our blessings and look forward to better times.
This was last night's Kucios. If you count the prawn party items as three things and the breads as two I managed to get it up to eleven of the twelve dishes. But how much can two people eat? I couldn't even get to my nice serving dishes as the cupboard they're in is blocked by the second fridge which is waiting to go in the utility room whenever that is ready.
We've had a pleasant Christmas Day though my ribs, head and back (don't do anything by halves), worsened through the evening and night. They were back down to 'simmering' for most of the day and have decided to kick off again this evening. My fault for overdoing things the other week and then not taking a proper rest to recover. That did put an end to our plan to go out to the sand dunes for a walk but we can always do that another day. On the plus side we didn't have to cancel any arrangements and the dinner, apart from some potatoes was all done. The beef was delicious too.
After a simple breakfast of coffee and a giant pretzel (me) and tea and oatcakes with ham & cheese (Peter) we opened our presents helped by Speedy. Chocolates and Roly's fudge from Peter and plenty of lovely goodies including home-made truffles and marshmallows from the boys. We had long phone conversations with the boys, Romas and Laura can only make outdoor visits with her family while Vytas and Sally were able to have lunch with Sally's sister and family. I'm not even sure what the regulations are here for visiting as our family is too far away for any type of visit. It's so worrying with the new strains of covid. Better not to take any chances.
This morning it was very mild and calm but by the afternoon the temperature had dropped considerably and I hear another storm is on the way. Apart from occasional forays on to the terrace I've been happy to stay warm and snug indoors watching Calendar Girls. All Creatures Great and Small and Bake Off this evening made for light Christmas viewing. This morning I managed to get a clear view into the far distance, usually hidden by clouds, and there is a mountain behind the mountains behind our mountains that has a pointed summit so I probably did see snow in Snowdonia. 

 

No comments: