Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 8 December 2020

Wet.

The night's wild and wet weather carried on into the morning and then settled into frequent showers during the day.
The builder was here again today so before he arrived we emptied out my study. Most of the stuff went into our bedroom which now looks like a storeroom though I'm just pleased that we can still get to the shower without having to move things out of the way. The hall by the front door has filled up again and behind me as I type are the mattresses and frames of the trundle bed. My digital piano has had to be moved to on top of the coffee table in the sitting room which I've tried hard to keep as a tidy space.
I've spent most of the day shopping in Aber. I was in and out of Lidl in 20 minutes which gave me more time to walk across the road to the centre of town (it's that big). First stop was the curtain shop. Yes, they sell better quality venetian blinds but they're three time the price so I'll stick with the cheaper ones. My visit to the kitchens shop was more successful. They gave me a rough cost for the glass splashbacks and will email me a proper estimate from the manufacturer. It will have to be a custom colour to match the sample that I chose in B&Q so long ago. And it will be pricy especially as there are electrical sockets on both walls but not beyond my budget at least if it's near the price I was given today.
Then off I went to the out of town Morrison's to get anything on my list I hadn't found in Lidl. You can't imagine my surprise and delight when I spotted these oatcakes on the reduced shelf. They are very much a regional speciality of Stoke that Romas introduced us to when we visited and Peter absolutely loves them. When I went to see where they would normally be I found that the shelf was empty. I'd got the only oatcakes in the shop. Guess what we're having for breakfast tomorrow?
My final stop was B&M where I indulged in some Christmas lights. I'd only intended to buy some small lights for the tree but seeing the colourful lights our neighbour has all round his house encouraged me to buy some too. Just a rope of twisty small white lights which I've put up inside the window by the table. That way they can be seen from inside and out.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I bet you will be glad you can be finished with the builders and can get your house in order.
The lighted tree is lovely.