Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 4 December 2020

Snow.

Bitterly cold winds today with the excitement this morning of seeing snow up on the hills. Heavy rain later in the day washed away the snow but it will be interesting to see what the winter brings in our new home. One thing I will have to be careful about is taking the Clarach rd. to Aber. I love going that way along the country road so reminiscent of North Devon but there are some steep and winding sections that would be dangerous in icy conditions. Better to be safe and use the boring main road.
I was very tempted to wrap up and go outside to do some gardening but ....... I think it's too soon after the latest bout of rib inflammation. Instead I began feeding the Christmas cakes with whiskey. Perhaps I should buy some brandy for next year's cakes.

The film for the front door window arrived a couple of days ago and today we put it on to the glass. There was a nasty moment when having peeled off the backing I picked up the wet film and it twisted around and stuck to itself but Peter managed to unwind it and we got it on the door's window. I must say I'm pleased with the result. There are ten properties on this road and not one has a number, just names. Now, for those people who haven't worked out this is the only property in the village with a red roof I don't think they can miss the name. Also there is enough of the clear lettering for me to see who is outside but unless they stand with their nose against the glass people walking past can't see in. I've just been out to check and even in the dark and the light on in the hall there's only a blurry glimpse into the house.
For the rest of the afternoon I listened to spy thrillers on Radio 4 Extra and completed two felting projects. All I can say is that one involved a tiny Santa hat. I also drew up a chart for December and marked when I need to get things done in time for posting before Christmas. That will hopefully stop any last minute panic. Having the Post Office so close is very helpful.
I had to post these photos of Speedy- above, and Vytas and Sally's cat Esme - below. I know she's mostly white but don't they have similar faces?

 



1 comment:

happyone said...

Yes, both cats faces do look alike!!