Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 29 December 2020

Coldish.

The snow is still there up on the distant mountains though gone, washed away by rain, from the nearer hills visible from the kitchen window. We even had a rainbow or at least both ends dipping into the sea at the same time as a glimpse of far off snow. It hasn't been too cold here, maybe due to the lack of wind.
And no, the plasterers DID NOT turn up. Up I got at 7.00, opened doors and we were so confident that they would be here that we even put down the dust sheets. So far Peter's had no response to his text. Grrrr!
My ribs continue to improve so I took myself off for a walk on the beach. I was careful to stick to a gentle stroll as unfortunately deeper breathing is not good for the ribs. With the recent storms there was a new collection of finds mixed in with the seaweed.
The remains of a large jellyfish, no idea which kind.
This was the first time I'd found a sea urchin test (above) and then I looked up and saw the remains of another 4.
Lots of the large whelk shells and every now and again dry clumps of their eggs.
A blurry shot of a clump of dog fish cases (cat sharks/ mermaid's purses).
Once I got home I couldn't resist doing a little weeding in the front garden. This was sitting down and a good chance to work out the best height for the raised beds. Then I made sure all my photo files were backed up on to an external hard drive. My pc is slowly giving up and at times wont open up all my photo files and I have to resort to restarting the whole thing. Peter bought me a new 'box'/ working gubbins (Peter tells me it's a desk top pc) but hasn't changed it over yet as he claims I may lose all my favourites. I've been instructed to write down all my favourites -really? so instead I've sent him a link to a page telling how to save your favourites. You'd think somebody who worked as a systems analyst would be able to do that. (I got a bit lost with the technical part of the instructions.)

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh no I don't believe they didn't show up AGAIN!
When you said you weeded - I looked out my window and smiled. :)