Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 26 December 2020

Stormy.

Again not that cold this morning but Storm Bella has been rolling in. The Met office report predicts heavy rain up in the mountains and winds of 40 ish mph overnight and gusts of 60+mph. Luckily the winds are south-westerly so are blowing from behind us where we are protected by the hills. It would have been different if the winds were northerly and blowing straight in from the sea.
For me it's been a day of as much rest as possible. While our bedroom is beautifully warm with a comfortable bed, radio and tv I don't find it very restful now that it's full of all the stuff that was in the utility and my study. How spoilt we are in this western affluence. Compare this comfort to a damp overcrowded room in emergency accommodation in this country or a tent in a freezing cold refugee camp anywhere in the world. Hopefully I'll remember this view once the room is cleared and the shower replaced with shelving.
Instead I sat at my pc listening to Cadfael on the radio and then later on the sofa watching His Dark Materials felting away. Made good progress too.
These are some of the felting projects made earlier for Christmas gifts. I made the star shape felting inside a cookie cutter and then on the one below I just free-styled with bright colours. I made more decorations but forgot to photograph them before I packed them.
Here is Speedy trying to bend the rules. He's allowed on 'his' towel on the window sill but not on the table but every now and again a paw slides over to the table. He stays on the window sill when we're eating and late at night he likes to look out watching the lights from the houses along the beach.

 

No comments: