Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 12 December 2020

Windy.

It's been a wild and windy day. First thing this morning when the clouds were still tinged with the pink of sunrise two surfers were already out waiting for waves. Didn't see them catch a single wave and they didn't stay out long.
Later the wind tempted two kite surfers out who had more luck.
Before I began my truffle making we measured up the two windows in our bedroom so I could order  the venetian blinds. As the walls are magnolia (so trendy) I've gone for a cream colour. Possibly by the time they arrive, which should be in three weeks, we might have been able to shift some/most of the boxes out of our bedroom. Today's measuring involved me climbing over a whole heap of boxes though in the end both windows are exactly the same as the sitting room window. 
Then it was time to begin the chocolate truffle making. The white chocolate and cranberry ones are finished. ( I over estimated how much chocolate I'd need for coating truffles so I poured the rest onto the silicone sheet and added sprinkles.) I've also made the ganache fillings for the rest of the truffles, dark chocolate with soft dried apricots and milk chocolate with chopped hazelnuts. Rolling the centres and coating them in chocolate is for tomorrow. Having plenty of space to spread out was wonderful and tomorrow I'll be even more organised and know exactly which trays and bowls to use. My two little antique pickle forks (which I use for eating fruit) were perfect for scooping the truffles out of the melted chocolate.
The kitchen fitter popped round briefly to look at the cupboard door which he'd put up at the last visit. He agreed with me that the chip out of the edge piece was a fault and he'd organise a replacement from Magnet. That's the benefit of buying a kitchen from a supplier that has a local showroom and it's even more helpful when your fitter's brother is one of the sales people.
Two more Christmas cards arrived today along with a parcel containing presents. It's not so much the anticipation of what's inside the presents or how much news is written in a card but knowing that somebody has thought about you, that feeling of connection which is so nice.
 

No comments: