Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 31 December 2020

Cold.

While it wasn't frosty this morning the remains of a hail shower stayed glistening on the ground wherever it was still shady. Not too windy today with just a couple of light showers.
This morning brought more snow on the hills,
... which by the afternoon had mostly gone. 
I had my phone consultation with the local doctor, definitely a character. I'm seeing him on Monday for a steroid/ analgesic injection. Maybe that'll work. So for today I still took it easy, played with Speedy who like all cats will sit in any box and watched a well made documentary film The Biggest Little Farm. More than just an interesting subject it was so beautifully filmed. I would recommend it to anyone interested in sustainable farming.

As to the plasterer ........ he still didn't make it. But he did phone to say he'd gone round to collect his assistant but he still wasn't well. He was going to try to find alternative help but in the end he didn't and will be here on the 2nd (we hope). At least he kept in touch though we'd been so sure he'd be here. Peter's getting used to rolling out the dust sheets and then packing them away again. I am not getting used to waking at 7.00 and being up and dressed by 8.00

No comments: