Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 1 January 2021

A New Year Begins.

Here's wishing everyone a better year in these difficult times. I put this photo (borrowed from the web) on my FB page too as I feel it's so appropriate for the times. Last night I'd gone to sleep as usual, woken up half an hour later (also as usual) and was settling down to watch tv in the sitting room when fireworks began from the beach. Out I went on the balcony to watch the fireworks which were pretty good. There was a small but lively group of people watching from the cliff and they were joined, at a distance by another couple. When the fireworks finished a loud voice from the beach called out 'Happy New Year' which was responded to by the watchers who when they turned around spotted me on the terrace in my dressing gown and we exchanged greetings too.
This morning knowing I didn't need to be out and presentable early once I took my early morning tablets I turned over and went back to sleep. Peter left me to catch up on some much needed sleep.
The air felt cold but the day stayed dry with some spells of sun. I longed to head out for a walk along the beach but instead contented myself with popping out on to the terrace to wonder at the snow on the hills and watch people walking along the beach.
In between standing out in the crisp air I began the task of writing up my notes for my journal. I need to write up both summer and autumn for last year and such a lot has happened in that time. Before beginning I had a look back through the journals, a lovely trip down memory lane. A brief line is enough to jog my memory and send me back to past days. The journals go back 14 years and for me are the perfect way to keep a hold of those memories.
Today I really appreciated having a whole table top to work on giving me room to spread out all my papers though I have to say the view is a little distracting.
Peter had a text from the plasterer saying they'll be here tomorrow. We'll see.

 

2 comments:

happyone said...

Happy New Year to you and Peter. Wonder if those workers will show up tomorrow!!!

Lowcarb team member said...

Happy New Year Wishes.

All the best Jan