Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 10 January 2021

Damp.

I was quite surprised when today turned out to be a lot warmer. Well, not exactly warm more damp and grey and all the snow has disappeared from the hills.
Today I thought I'd try out the window cleaning kit I'd bought and I'm really impressed. It took hardly any time at all to rub down the glass with the fleece head to remove the salt from the sea winds, switch over to the head with the rubber blade and swish all the water off. It was so quick and easy that I carried on and cleaned the outsides of all the windows. Then as I'd arrived at the back of the house next to the car I used the remaining water to wash the car. I'm not too fussed about the state of my car but being able to see out is obviously important so I did the glass after which I used up the water on the rest of the car. Having the washing head on a pole cut out a lot of bending which was good and I just used a cloth to wipe off any green bits (a sign of living in a damp climate). Another of the chrome letters fell off as I was washing the car so now instead of it being a PEUG  T  it's just a PEUG. I found the O after it fell off in Pilton so maybe one day I'll glue it and the T back on. Or maybe not as I've just worked out that the E is also missing.
My final job of the afternoon was to bake some peanut butter and chocolate cookies for Peter as we've come to the end of the Christmas cookies. Still some Christmas cake left which Peter also likes and some shop bought Stolen and mince pies but then that's it.

 

No comments: