Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 20 January 2021

Wet.

It rained all day as Storm Cristoph began to take effect. Trawling through the net for more information and pictures it seemed that the wind wasn't going to be a problem but the heavy rain would be. Flood warning after flood warning out for cities like Manchester and Liverpool. I've joined the village FB group and from early morning there were reports of flooding on the roads out of the village. The photo below is of the Dyfi river that flows into the bay just north of us. I was thinking things hadn't been too bad when about 15 minutes ago the heaviest downpour you can imagine arrived.
I was up bright and early this morning to unlock the back doors for the painters and also to try and get a delivery slot from Wickes. No luck with that unfortunately, I'd even tried at 1.30 in the morning without any success. I've since checked and they release new slots at midnight so I'll try then. No luck with the painters either as they were stopped by the floods. At least they phoned to let us know. The postman brought the sink for the utility room which I'd ordered from Screwfix.

By mid-morning the rain had eased off, sort of, so I headed off to the shop as we needed milk and onions. Of course I went along the beach too. By that time the rain was a bit heavier than when I'd left home but it was the kind of on off rain that left time for at least one side of me to dry in the wind. As the tide was nearly in there wasn't a lot of sand to walk on but I kept going until I finally made the decision to turn back and head into the now heavier rain. At the shop for once I fancied something savoury and treated myself to a bag of vegetable tortilla chips, beetroot, sweet potato and spinach. Not as nice as the vegetable chips I used to buy but tasty enough as I watched old episodes of Portrait Painter of the Year (2013).
A while back I had to move my digital piano to on top of the cupboard as its space in the hall was needed by the guest beds which had been evicted from my study. It's taken this long for me to get round to playing the piano again but today I had a lovely hour bashing my way through scales and some favourite pieces. I started by wearing the headphones then realised I wasn't going to be disturbing the neighbours so unplugged myself and turned the volume up. At least playing the piano shouldn't put any strain on my ribs.
Speedy enjoying the music.
Saw on the FB page that our doctor's surgery had the first batch of vaccinations delivered yesterday. One step closer to the time when first Peter and then myself get our vaccinations.
 

No comments: