Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 23 January 2021

Cold.

Bright and very cold today. Already a fair sprinkling of snow up on the mountains before tomorrow's predicted snowfall. Last night somebody posted a photo of snow on the icy road out of Aber over the mountains. Not safe driving conditions. All day the wind has been blowing from the north and you can feel the arctic chill when you go outside.

I decided to do a little hand washing and fixed up a mini washing line out on the terrace to take advantage of the wind.
The bright day drew me back down to the beach for a gentle stroll well wrapped up with an extra fleece and my thicker leggings rather than my usual thin lycra leggings. It was lovely in the sun but when the occasional cloud put me in the shade it was quite cold. On the way back along the beach the fronts of my legs were comfortably warm while the backs were ..... not. After litter picking the other day my eyes kept being drawn to bits of plastic on the beach but I didn't have a bag or gloves so I simply ignored them. Instead I had fun walking through the ridge of foam at the edge of the waves letting it blow up the beach. At one point I had a quick look back along the beach to check there was nobody around to see the crazy old woman and then I thought 'so what'. Why should I care what anybody thinks?

 

2 comments:

happyone said...

What a treat it must be to look out your window and see the ocean every day. Beautiful.

Ruta M. said...

We still can't believe how lucky we are.