Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 5 January 2021

Plastering Done.

A cold day with little wind and a lot of sun in the afternoon.
The plasterers came again today to finish off but not until 1.00. A bit frustrating as I'd been up since 5.30 and ready with the doors unlocked at 8.00 though they sent Peter texts first to say they would be here and then here by lunch time. So for most of the day I was sitting around not doing very much or rather doing nothing except stare at my pc and waiting or listening to the men working. We're pleased with the work they did especially sorting out the lintel above the French doors. Once they left my work began. First I rolled up the dust sheets and put them into a bin bag. They weren't our sheets and were covered in lumps of plaster so out they'll go. Our dust sheets from the sofa and chair had a good shake out in the garden before being put away until my washing machine is up and running. Then after a swoosh round with the flat dry mop it was time to get down on my hands and knees to wipe all the laminate flooring. I didn't want to get plaster dust into the hoover so it was back to old fashioned washing though I dried the floor as I went along. The flooring is supposed to be waterproof but I'm a bit of a worrier about such things. I had to do the whole lot today otherwise we'd be tracking plaster dust back over the clean bits.
                             

 

No comments: