Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 27 January 2021

Misty.

More white than grey today, no wind or rain and distinctly warm. Sea mist closed off the distant views and muffled sounds creating a very peaceful atmosphere.
I spent the morning working on the pc trying to order stuff for the utility room and toilet. Last night I stayed up to make a final attempt to get a Wickes delivery only to find the website closed 'for maintenance'. Grrrrrrr. Our builders didn't arrive today but said they'll be here tomorrow when they should be bringing the tile samples for me to look at. In the meantime I began sorting orders with other suppliers naturally checking reviews before making any decisions. Who knew so many things could go wrong with taps? From drips to leaks and exploding taps it seemed that each time I found a tap that was more or less suitable there were reviews saying 'don't buy'. I ended up choosing a very basic style as it looks as if new designs haven't been tested/ engineered properly. More frustration when it came to choosing a tap for the hand basin as most of the models on the website (Screwfix) were buy in store only, not only that but they weren't available in any Welsh store. That was before I weeded out those that had poor reviews. I found one eventually and both sets of taps are being delivered tomorrow. I've given up trying to find a cabinet for the small hand basin I rescued from a renovation and settled for a new sink/cabinet combo. I chose one from B&Q but then Peter found a couple of plumbing suppliers in Aber and I found a suitable sink and cabinet for half the price. That's due to be delivered next week.
After my frustrating morning I needed to get down on to the beach to clear my head. With no wind it felt almost balmy which made a nice change. There were at least a dozen people out on the beach, mostly exercising children and dogs plus about eight surfers trying to catch the tiny waves.
With the tide right out I headed to the rock pools where I found some of the honeycomb worms that build those sandy structures looking like bits of spaghetti (below), yuk. 
I searched long and hard but only found a few closed up green sea anemones so I couldn't tell what kind they were.


I enjoyed my peaceful walk along the edge of the water listening to the waves gently swishing in.
In the distance a heavy mist bank over the river sat below the level of the hill tops while in the giant rocks I found a large cat watching life on the beach. It was a bit nervous and hid in the rocks when a dog on a lead came past and wasn't going to come out and say hello to me.
On my homeward walk I played around with taking photos of reflections on the wet sand which I'll show tomorrow.

 

No comments: