Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 7 January 2021

Grey.

A grey day that felt so very quiet. It must have been very cold in the night because the washed cover to the dry mop which I'd left outside overnight was still frozen solid in the morning. There's a snow/ice weather warning out for what looks like the whole of the country from tonight but for today there was a noticeable lessening of the snow up on the hills.
No visitors today unless you count the postman who rang the doorbell with a couple of parcels. In the afternoon I cut out the fabric to make another face mask. Apart from the fact that I'm constantly misplacing my favourite face mask both it and my other one could do with being a bit bigger as they have a tendency to slip down especially when I have to talk to people. I've put off making another mask because my fabric box is inaccessible at the moment but then I came across an old work shirt of Peters that doesn't fit him any more. So far I've cut out the six pieces, going for triple layers as advised, and will set up the sewing machine tomorrow.
Being a gloomy day I thought it was time to cook up a saucepan of vegetable soup. In my view all you need to make a vegetable soup is some oil, onions and something meaty, I used chopped up cooking bacon. To this I've added tomato puree, parsnips, potatoes, celery and white cabbage and seasoned with pepper, smoked paprika, garlic and cumin. There's crumbled Stilton to go on top and I'm thinking about stirring in some plain yoghurt when I serve it up. That's a meal fit for a king in my view. I only hope Peter enjoys it too. 
Speedy eating some of the bread thrown out for the birds.
An oystercatcher up on the cliff top.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

WE finally had a bit of sunshine today - it's been a while.