Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 26 January 2021

Grey.

Warmer, wetter and grey today.
Still no luck in getting a Wickes delivery slot. Only two more nights to go and I will have run through the whole week at which point I shall give up. The builder messaged today asking about the floor tiles and what sort we want if he can get some. My response was cheap and cheerful, beige to light brown and non-slip. Beyond that I don't really care.  Yesterday's chaps didn't make it today. We got a message saying one of them wasn't well. I wouldn't be surprised considering the amount of dust they were working in or maybe it's the standard builders' excuse when they're off somewhere else. This morning I had another tile related concern, this time about the patterned floor tiles for the toilet that I bought. When I ordered them I didn't buy any extras as at 45cms x 45cms each they were quite expensive. Fine if you don't have to cut them but what about around the actual toilet? But when I looked on-line the advice is that you should if possible fit the toilet over the tiles rather than cut the tiles which allayed my worries.
This morning I was all set to walk down to the pharmacy to collect Peter's prescription but changed my mind when I saw the rain. I don't mind walking in the rain but hanging around in the rain outside the pharmacy isn't fun. By the afternoon the rain had eased off and I was able to stride along the beach in the company of seagulls before calling in at the pharmacy where for once I didn't have to wait.
 

No comments: