Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 24 January 2021

More Snow.

Woke this morning to find even more snow on the mountains, creeping almost down to sea level. A post on the FB page mentioned it had been snowing in Borth at 4.00 am and before long there were big fat snowflakes falling past the window but they melted away as soon as they touched the ground.
Cold weather wasn't going to deter some hardy souls from getting out into the water. The two on the right were swimmers but they didn't stay long. Later on I saw a paddleboarder wearing an anorak over his wetsuit, very sensible.
I hummed and hawed and eventually decided that I would go out for a beach walk.
Somebody had been having fun building a shelter from driftwood. I wonder if it was the same person who built the reindeer in their garden?
I had an invigorating walk right up to the first pile of rocks. Then as I turned back the looming snow cloud (on the left) arrived and the rest of my walk was through a substantial snow shower.
I wouldn't normally include a photo with such a sloping horizon but look at those amazing colours.
The lifeboat crew were out on a training session this morning. I watched them for a while with binoculars and it seemed that they were practising ...... shouting.
More lovely sea and sky colours. The sea turned shades of silver when the sun made an appearance in the afternoon. Later the setting sun turned some of the clouds and the snow covered tops pink. The showers later in the day were more sleet than snow and the snow line retreated up the closer hills. The forecast is for more low temperatures and the advice is not to drive tomorrow if possible so I'm guessing we won't be seeing any builders tomorrow. 
As Peter is making us a Chinese style supper; scampi tails, stir fry veg in sweet and sour sauce and noodles, I did some baking in the afternoon. I made an apple cake which was based on pound cake. Feeling adventurous I aimed for an upside-down type of cake putting carefully arranged slices of apple on butter and brown sugar as well as chopped apple into the cake itself. It tastes very sweet so I think it will go well with some of the set plain yoghurt that I bought yesterday. Next time I'll just put the apple slices on the top of the cake.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

About now I wish our snow flakes would melt away. :)