Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 14 January 2021

Rainbows.

A cold wet morning with a bitter wind blowing from the north. It brightened up up a bit in the afternoon but the blue skies didn't stay long.
I was woken this morning by the sound of a plastic box being blown along the road. And by Speedy bopping my nose with his as he decided that 7.00 was quite late enough to wait for his breakfast. I kept hearing the box in the road and though Peter said it couldn't be one of ours I got up to investigate. And it was ours, not the food caddy but the big open box for the glass recycling. (Two jars went in it yesterday.) I had to go all the way up the road to in front of our neighbours' house to collect it. That was me in flip-flops, pjs and a jacket and I did go back to bed to drink the mug of tea Peter had made for me.
I haven't given up on my plan to screen off the neighbour's 'car park' using window film and today I got round to putting up some table covering to see what it would look like. Covering 60cms does block out most of the buildings but we may only go 40cms up. Still not quite decided. 
One job I did today was to brush out a fleece which got washed the other day. Although it's a teddy bear type of fleece having been my everyday fleece the front got quite matted and looks better after a good brushing. 
In the afternoon I whipped up some cream and after I'd finished decided to give my trusty electric hand mixer a proper clean. Having an electric motor inside I've always been wary of wiping it over with a wet cloth so I carefully wiped with a damp cloth and paper towel and got into every corner with cotton buds. It was looking really good and I was thinking what a good gadget it was, it was a wedding present 44 years ago, when I prodded at the grill on the front. Holding it with the grill facing downwards I gave the mixer some sharp taps on the side to dislodge any crumbs from the grill/grid. Sure enough some dust fell out, 'Good' I thought, 'It's getting a good cleaning.' when to my horror I saw that some of the dust was walking about. Looking closely I could see a few, not many, little flies? For a brief moment I wondered if I could take the mixer apart and spray it or something but then common sense prevailed and I put the whole lot in a plastic bag, sealed it and put it in the bin. I've had good use from that mixer but bugs, however tiny are not welcome in my kitchen. Luckily the mixer has always been kept in cupboards well away from any foods.

 Look, a double rainbow.

1 comment:

Lowcarb team member said...

That rainbow is nice :)

All the best Jan