Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 15 January 2021

Grey.

Sort of a gloomy, grey day today. No rain and no wind, just generally cold.
This morning Pete the scrap metal man came round and the two Petes loaded up a couple of old fridges and freezers from the garage onto the truck and away they went to the dump. Under normal circumstances it would have been cheaper to have the council remove them but they're not offering that service at the moment because of covid. There is a charge at the dump because of the chemicals which we had to pay but scrap man Pete has a good local reputation so we're not worried that the fridges will go astray. With them gone there's even more room in the garage. Yay.
After a 15 min session on the exercise bike I couldn't resist going out to do a little gardening. I'm going to try limiting myself to digging up only one bramble root a day to see how that goes. Even at that slow rate I should get them all out in a couple of weeks. Using the garden fork it only took me 5 minutess to dig out the selected large root so then I went on to do some sitting in a chair weeding and some kneeling on the ground clearing of ivy. Every little bit helps.
A rather blurry photo of what I've found out are star flowers. There are a couple of troughs of very pale blue ones which will eventually be replanted out in the garden.
Under the terrace lots of narcissi? bulbs are emerging. I suspect they may be Welsh daffodils but you never know.

Haven't done much else today except change the address on my Tesco club card. As with most of these things when I go to log in to my account the password it is so old it now longer works so I have to choose a new password, get verification from a text blah, blah, blah etc. until I lose the will to live.

 

No comments: