Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 3 January 2021

Dry.

Dry today and not too cold with less snow visible in the distance.
This morning the lifeboat was out on exercise. A couple of nights ago they were called out at 5.55 pm, five minutes before we sat down to eat our supper though we probably wouldn't have seen much in the dark. They'd been called out to pick up three people who'd been cut off by the tide under Constitution Hill, Aberystwyth. Being a smaller boat it is easier to get inshore than the bigger Aberystwyth lifeboat. Today was just a spin round on the calm sea.
The car battery still wasn't right this morning, it's a new charger and Peter hadn't quite got the hang of it. It's all done now and I could hear a satisfying roar as Peter revved it up. I hadn't been too keen on going into Aber anyway. What if the car wouldn't start when I was in the car park? Yes, we have AA (or maybe RAC) but I bet it wouldn't be before the two hour limit in the car park was up. These type of car parks are managed by separate companies who are notoriously inflexible in their handing out fines. In the end I realised the one item that was forcing me to go to town could be sourced on-line which is what we did. That way I could have a quiet day which included writing up my journal which is now fully up to date. The list of things we've done to sort out the house covered a whole page.
For a short while this evening the snow covered hills turned pink (pinker than in the photos) as the setting sun reflected off the snow.

 

1 comment:

Marksgran said...

You have a fabulous view from your house. I was once caught out with that car park fine thing but I wrote a very convincing letter pleading my case and it was dropped! Just as well as I'd no intention of paying it! I think a lot of car batteries are causing problems just now as no-one is driving far enough to charge them up properly! I'm glad it sounds like yours is now fixed. We're frozen solid here just now, so our car is sitting covered in frost in the driveway and going nowhere! I hope all your workers turn up tomorrow! x