Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 17 December 2020

Wet.

Wetter today and there was a definite nip in the air. 
First thing the sea was choppy but later on the swell began to build and a few determined surfers hung out in the water catching the occasional wave. There's a yellow weather warning for strong winds and rain tomorrow though we're just on the northern edge of the area covered in the little map.
I drove down with the parcels to the Post Office this morning. Then I carried on and picked up my prescription from the pharmacy. Later on the postman brought us cards and parcels from the boys which was lovely. That's more or less all my Christmas preparations done, just a book to collect from Waterstones and some sneaky wrapping to do when Peter's asleep. Oh and the Christmas dinner. My choice would be smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels but Peter likes a 'proper' dinner so I'll be making a casserole probably lamb. Not that I won't enjoy it too but less preparation and less clearing up always wins in my view.
I am a hard person to satisfy. I was getting a bit stressed at working to a deadline but no sooner had the parcels been safely sent than I was 'bored' with nothing to do. It was raining and even when it wasn't my knee is still burning after my long - what ignominy when less than three miles is long, walk so going out for a walk or doing some gardening would have been foolhardy. One thing I did do while sat at the pc was set up a second email account so I can use it to set up a Skype account. I did have one but it wouldn't recognise the password, I couldn't rest the password either and also couldn't set up another account using the same email. One of those situations guaranteed to drive you mad. Got myself a new email but decided to leave the Skype bit for another day. Then when wanted to write a new post it didn't recognise me and kept sending me to a set up page. Sorted it eventually but there were some scary moments when I wondered if I'd lost my blog altogether. 
The builder has been working all day and then the plasterer came round to see what needs doing next. (Bear with me this is still the same thread.) Looking at the inner walls in my study it turns out that I need to scrape off all the loose paint/plaster/paper and then ......... paint the old bare plaster with that paint with glass bits in. Just as I did to the upstairs corridor at Dingles. I wasn't expecting that but it's up and down ladder work and not too hard on my knee. (Peter did some unpleasant drain clearing work this afternoon. I didn't ask for details.) I may try and do the scraping tonight to get it out of the way.
 

No comments: